Zangarna Game Lodge is located in the ‘malaria free’ Waterberg area (named as a Biosphere reserve by UNESCO) approximately 280 km north of Johannesburg airport.
How to reach Zangarna.
We strongly suggest our guests to rent a car from the airport as the drive is very safe and easy with 1.5 hour drive on a motorway and 1.5 hour on a very good scenic countryside far road. The car will be useful during the guests stay to visit the areas around Zangarna.
We suggest to go through www.rentalcars.com to have the best choice and deal.
The alternative would be to book a transfer from the airport which we can arrange for once the details are obtained from the guests. A transfer will be more costly in comparison to a rented car.
Directions to Zangarna
From O Tambo airport:
– Take R21 towards Pretoria (north) & drive approx 35km.
– Turn left on N1 & drive through 2 tollgates.
– At the 3rd tollgate (Kranskop) take the left lane to get out of the N1 on the R33 towards Modimolle (which is at 10km).
– Drive through Modimolle and straight towards Vaalwater (approx 45mins to 1hr).
– Pass through Vaalwater & stop at the Spar next to a petrol station (on your left).
– Take the road perpendicular (opposite the Spar) towards Lephalele (or Ellisras).
– Drive 34km and take the right turn on a sand road towards VISGAT.
– Drive approx 8km & the gate is on your left, just after the farm ‘Little Serengeti’.
– The total driving time is approximately between 3hr – 3.5hr with a total distance of 280km from the airport.